One of Us ::
1) Please introduce yourself.
My name is Afshin Pishevar and I am a Lawyer practicing Litigation and Immigration here in the Capital Metropolitan Area.
2) Which part of Iran is your family from?
I was born in Tehran. I went to the "Miss Mary" School (AKA Bahar-eh No` School). My Mother is from Tabriz and my Father is From Bandar Anzali/Pahlavi.
3) How long have you been practicing law?
4) In what state(s) are you licensed to practice?
DC & Maryland.
5) Didn’t we see you on tv a couple of years ago? What case was that?
A number of my cases have been reported on by the Mass News Media. A few of the memorable ones were the "Jesus Christ" Case and my Lufthansa matter. I have appeared on CNN, MSNBC, FOX and many local Channels. I have been quoted in the New York Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, USA Today and Literally Hundreds of other publications linked to the Associated Press. "Jesus Christ" is the name of one of my clients. Our case involved Appeal of the denial of his petition to change his name from "Peter Phillips" to "Jesus Christ". There were a number of interesting issues involving the First Amendment and Separation of Church & State.
6) What happened to that case?
We were victorious on our appeal and Mr. Christ is now legally using the name of his choice.
7) Do you have any Iranian clients? How do you like Iranians as clients?
At least 25% of my clients are of Iranian/Persian descend. I am proud to serve my fellow Iranian- Americans in any way I can. Persians are honest, hard-working and productive members of the American societal fiber. Most of the cases involve business matters business deals and Immigration matters.
8) What’s the best way to get in touch with you? Telephone or email?
The best way to reach me is to call my office and make an appointment. That way you formally have my undevided attention for a specific period of time.
9) We told everyone they get a discount from you if they mention they found you on Iranian-lawyers.com. Are we still honoring that?
Yes, I am offering a Free 1/2 hour Consultaion (Normally $75.00) and a 25% discount on our normal rates. This offer is the same we offer to individuals who come to us through their pre-paid employee benefits legal plan. It is a pleasure to offer it to individuals who found us exclusively through this web-site.